Dove Cottage Rutland
Dove Cottage Rutland – Press Releases
Reopening in Rutland – Oakham Grange
DOVE Cottage is delighted to announce that Oakham Grange has kindly offered temporary accommodation for its day care in their amazing new home at Barleythorpe.
The hospice has teamed up with the family-run care home, where its nursing services and well-being activities will take place for the next three months.
Dove’s tenancy on its beautiful premises at Ridlington draws to a close soon, and Oakham Grange has come to the hospice’s rescue.
It will resume its day care services there from 1st June whilst it seeks a more permanent home.
Referrals for anyone living with a life-limiting condition, in need of a day’s respite, are now being received.
Chris Gatfield, Dove Cottage’s CEO, said: “We are extremely excited that Oakham Grange will be our new temporary home, and want to say a very big thank you. It is a lovely place with a homely atmosphere and creates the perfect environment for us to be able to offer the high standard of care that everyone knows us for. We can’t wait to work in partnership with Oakham Grange.”
Local Rutland residents living with life-limiting illnesses, such as cancer or heart failure, can benefit from the free, tailored day care package.
Guests of Dove will be treated to a full day of wellbeing activities, games, crafts, and a home-cooked lunch, as well as nursing care and advice.
As part of its commitment to the Rutland community, Oakham Grange is gifting use of a beautiful, self-contained annex to Dove Cottage free of charge for the next three months.
Catherine Ferguson, Oakham Grange’s general manager, said: “We know how important it is to the people of Rutland to keep care services such as Dove Cottage Day Hospice local. It is great that the timing is right for us to offer the Oakham Grange Annex on a temporary basis, so no one living with a life-limiting condition has to travel out of the county.”
Oakham Grange is a purpose-built home offering 24/7 residential care. It benefits from a well-appointed lounge, quiet areas, beautiful gardens, beauty salon and spa room.
Dove Cottage’s services have been running online and over the phone since Covid-19 forced the hospice to close its doors last March.
Please contact us on 01572 722630 or email@example.com if you, or someone you know, could use our free care services.
- Dove Cottage has two hospices – one at Oakham Grange care home, Oakham, Rutland, and one in Stathern, Leicestershire.
- We offer high quality palliative day care to people in Rutland, Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire who are living with a life-limiting illness, such as cancer, motor neurone disease, heart failure, a respiratory disorder or a progressive neurological disease.
- As a charity, we offer our care services free of charge.
- The hospice’s care services will be available at Oakham Grange on a Tuesday.
- Dove Cottage Day Hospice’s care services will operate out of a beautiful, self-contained annex. It has a kitchen, lounge, outdoor space and bedrooms. It is secure and fully accessible. Oakham Grange is still open to paying residents.
- Oakham Grange is a bespoke new build residential home with nursing. Family owned and managed under the Ardale name, they have designed Oakham Grange to be a home suitable for a family member of their own. Not being a ‘grey corporate’ care company, they are proud that each of their homes are unique and they aim to be the care home of choice in the communities they serve.
- Mission Statement: Oakham Grange will deliver care and support that is meaningful to each individual; with dignity, warmth and personality, by a well-trained care team, as only a family owned home can.
- Video tour of Oakham Grange via website home page www.OakhamGrange.co.uk
Dove Rutland Wellbeing & Support Group
Dove Cottage caring for the people of Rutland – Oakham High Street